Wednesday 16 July 2008

16th July

I've had a good nearly two weeks back in Sucre. I had my camera stolen on the bus on Monday morning which really wasn't great so I've lost over a months worth of photos. Gutted.
I spent the first week back from Uyuni doing 2 or 3 hours of spanish in the morning then ive started to go to an orphanage which i was doing 2-6. So my brain was a bit overloaded with Spanish but it's been really good to get loads of practice. The orphanage website is www.shalomesmicasa.org or www.hogarshalom.blogspot.com
The kids are so cute but kinda crazy. I could easily take them all home but I dunno where I'd keep them all. I could just stay here.. haha. I've also been getting used to drinking loads of tea which they give me every afternoon with a big roll of bread. The tea has like a bucket of sugar in it but it's almost nice.


Over the weekend, we headed back to Potosi after 2 trips were cancelled, Bolivian style. We helped another missionary with a kids club in a local church. The Tan's have had another visitor, Ruth a pharmacist from Oz for 2 weeks so it was nice to have her here too. She had been staying with me in the house so it was really good to have some company and she made breakfast so it was good haha. She left this morning though. I think I'll have a few places to stay if I ever go to Oz.. or should I say when.. either that or I'll meet her back in S America!
Potosi was good but pretty much the coldest place I've ever been. Sucre feels like the Amazon now in comparison.
We got a good impression of Bolivian timekeeping over the weekend.. on Saturday, the pastor took us to dinner but ended up being nearly 2 hours late for the evening service. Its so relaxed here, i love it!






We're heading off again this weekend to a small town about 3 hours out of Sucre called Presto. Should be pretty good :)

1 comment:

John Kynaston said...

You look a bit rough in your sleeping bag! Glad to see that my favourite hoodie is in use!! I love the photos of the children at the orphanage - smuggle a few home. We could hide them away with Gary - we've got a bit more floor space now that I've tidied your room. Why did Jo have to leave after you?
Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx