Wednesday 11 June 2008

Weds 12th June

I'm here finally! I worked it out I was flying for 15 and a half hours and waited to fly for closer to 36 hours. It really wasn't the best way to spend 2 days.
Had a bit of drama with a snow blizzard in La Paz in June... didn't even know it could snow here!! The plane was delayed for just over 2 hours. If I hadn't started talking to people I think I'd have turned suicidal. The worst bit was waiting in Miami. The american airport people are the least helpful people EVER.
Just been settling in today. Got to the house at about 2ish so had a shower and a nap then went for dinner.
I'm going on a trip somewhere on Saturday for 10 days so that should be a good start :)
It's really bizarre being back, it doesn't really feel very different. I think I'm just over tired haha
sleeping on a floor and a plane for 2 nights wasn't the greatest thing.

Lesson learnt: NEVER travel long distances alone.. It's boring and boring and really, really boring.

5 comments:

John Kynaston said...

Morning Emma! It's great to hear you arrived safely. Just think 50 years ago it would have taken you 6weeks by boat!!

Have a good trip on Saturday. We look forward to hearing all about it.

Dad

Hi Emma - It was great to hear that you arrived safely. You definitely dominated my thoughts yesterday. It was weird having just one daughter and two cats last night!Hope you do settle quickly and increase that Spanish of yours. Get it out of your system so that we will have English mealtimes in 9 weeks time. Enjoy having 2 ipods!! Mumxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SirSaltire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SirSaltire said...

Hi Emma,
Glad to hear you managed to find someone to talk to on your journey but did you parents not tell you to never talk to strangers ;-) Sorry to hear about the snow but its lovely and warm here. Have fun and take care. (I removed the last comment as I made a speeeling mistake)
Derek

Ernie said...

Hi Emma glad to see you have arrived safe and well. No snow here ;>)
Enjoy you trip away, where ever it is. I am looking forward to looking in on your blog and seeing how things are over there. A great opportunity to see other cultures, wish I was there also.

Tenga un rato maravilloso
(hope that translation is right!)

Ernie

ianbeattie1 said...

Emma, glad to hear you arrived safely. Have a great trip and look forward to reading all about it. Ian